Dr. Kumar Suranjit Prasad
13-A, Part-II, Nalanda Society, Anand, Gujarat, 388001
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching: 2009 onward “Assistant Professor in ARIBAS”. Teaching various post graduate courses like, Env. Microbiology, Biodegradation of Xenobiotics, Biosorption of heavy metals/organic pollutant, Eco-friendly Technologies, Renewable energy resources etc.
Ph.D. - Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2008)
Isolation and characterization of arsenic oxidizing bacteria-an attempt to solve the arsenic problem
M.Phil. - Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
(Dissertation: - Study of microbial growth in arsenic rich environment)
M.Sc. - Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – (2002)
Research interest- BIOSORPTION STUDIES OF- ARSENIC, CHROMIUM, LEAD, COPPER, CADMIUM, MERCURY, FLUORIDE, PESTICIDE(DICHLOROVOS, FIPRONIL, CHLORPYRIFOS, ALDRIN) ETC. BACTERIAL HYDROCARBON DEGRADATION, METAGENOMICS, MEOR, GENETICS OF MICROBIAL METAL TOLERANCE, NANO-BIOTECHNOLOGY, BIOMIMETIC SYNTHESIS OF SILVER, SELENIUM, LEAD SULFIDE, CADMIUM SULFIDE, ZERO-VALENT IRON (ZVI) NANO-PARTICLES, THEIR APPLICATIONS IN ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION, OPTICS AND DIAGNOSTICS.
CSIR NET-JRF 2002
Senior research fellow: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, N. Delhi, India. (2004-2007)
Junior research fellow: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, N. Delhi, India. (2002-2004)
1) Kumar Suranjit Prasad, Pratik Vyas , Kaliya Perumal Selvaraj (2012) Biomimetic synthesis of Selenium nanoparticles using cell free extract of Microbacterium sp.ARB05. Micro & Nano Letters, 17 (1) 1-4.
2) Kumar Suranjit Prasad, V Subramanian, and Jaishree Paul ( 2011) Biosorption of As(III) ion on Rhodococcus sp.WB-12: Biomass characterization and kinetic studies. Separation Science and Technology, 46 (16) 2517-2525.
3) Kumar SuranjitPrasad, Darshit Pathak, Kaliya Perumal Selvaraj (2011) Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using leaf extract of Nicotiana tobaccum and study of their antibacterial effect. African Journal of Biotechnology. 10 (41) 8122-8130.
4) P.K Shrivastava, G S Kiran, M Gupta, NKShrma, K S Prasad (2012) A study on distribution of heavy metal contamination in vegetables using GIS and analytical technique. Int. J. Ecol. Dev. 1; 89-99
5) Kumar Suranjit Prasad, V.Subramanian, and Jaishree Paul (2009) Purification and Characterization of Arsenite Oxidase from Arthrobacter sp. BioMetals (5) 711-721
6) Kumar SuranjitPrasad, Pratik Vyas, Kaliya PerumalSelvaraj (2011) Biomimetic synthesis of cadmium sulfide nanoparticles using cell free extract if Psedomonas aeruginosa sp.ARB03. (Communicated)
7) Biosorption of Arsenite (As+3) and Arsenate (As+5) from aqueous solution by an arsenite oxidizer Arthrobacter sp.15b, Kumar SuranjitPrasad,V.Subramanian, and Jaishree Paul (communicated)
8) Simultaneous Detection of Arsenite Oxidase aoxB, Arsenate Reductase, arsA, arsB and arsC Genes, Siderophore Production and Alkaline Phosphatase Activity in Arsenic Resistant Bacterial isolates, Kumar Suranjit Prasad, V.Subramanian, and Jaishree Paul (Under preparation)
Bioremediation of Arsenic Using Arsenite-Oxidizing Bacteria (2007)
Suranjit K. Prasad, Jaishree Paul, V. Subramanian. Available on: http://www.umasssoils.com/posters2007/bioremediationposter.htm
2) Characterization of a new chemolithoautotrophic arsenite-oxidising bacterium isolated from a waste water treatment plant (2008). Jaishree Paul and Suranjit K Prasad Acceptance of Abstracts/Paper for ICER-08 (3rd lot) http://www.icer08.org/Acceptance-3.htm
3) A study of arsenite oxidation and bio-sequestration potency of Arthrobacter sp.15b for arsenic, Kumar Suranjit Prasad, Proceedings of National symposium on sustainable development: issues and concerns, International journal of pharma and biosciences. ISSN 0975-6299: Jan 22, 2011
Paul, Jaishree and Kumar Suranjit Prasad (2006) Microbial intervention in arsenic rich environment- an overview. In: Microbes: HealthandEnvironment.Microbiology Series (eds. Chauhan AK and Varma A) IK International- India, New York, Vol. 3 ISBN 8188237515.
Life time member: International Society for Subsurface Microbiology
Scientific and Technical Committee & Editorial Review Board on Biological and Life Sciences of WORLD ACADEMY OF SCIENCE ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY.
Invited reviewer of Journals
Supervision of M.Sc Dessertation